The 2017 application period is closed. Please check back for more information regarding the 2018 program.
LULAC National Educational Service Centers and LULAC established the LULAC National Scholarship Fund to help youth in underserved communities make the dream of college enrollment a reality. LNSF is a unique partnership between grassroots advocates and corporations to fund educational opportunities for deserving youth across the U.S. Every dollar raised by local LULAC Councils is matched by corporate partners secured by LNESC to increase the amount given in both the council and corporation's name. This model results in a true grassroots/corporate partnership for the empowerment of the Latino community. Former recipients of LNSF scholarships are now leaders in fields of business, science, government, and education.
A rigorous selection process assures the expectation that future recipients will demonstrate the same level of excellence.
Student applications must be mailed directly to a local participating LULAC Council in your area by March 31. The list of participating Councils will be available online by March 1. Applications will not be accepted at the LNESC National Office.
LNSF Award Criteria: Applicants are eligible for the following 3 types of scholarship awards.
National Scholastic Achievement Awards ($2,000)
- GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, and if the student is an entering freshman.
- 29 or higher on the ACT test, or 1350 or higher on the SAT test.
Honors Awards ($500 to $2,000)
- GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, and if the student is an entering freshman.
- 23 or higher on the ACT test, or 1100 or higher on the SAT test.
General Awards ($250 to $1,000)
- Grades and academic performance will serve as indicators of potential; however, an emphasis may be placed on the individual’s motivation, sincerity, and community involvement.
For More Information
For additional information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit the LULAC website.