The 2017 application period is closed. Please check back for more information regarding the 2018 program.
Currently, NHFA offers graduate school scholarships to Latino students attending the following University programs: Columbia University School of the Arts, Harvard University Lampoon magazine comedy writers, New York University Tisch School of the Arts, Northwestern University Drama Department, University of California at Los Angeles, University of Southern California, University of Texas at Austin Communications School, and Yale University Drama Department.
Graduate students in the following fields, among others, are eligible to compete:
- Set Design/Costume Design
- Lighting Design
- Film (writing/directing/producing)
- Broadcast Communications
- Entertainment Law
- Business Administration (with an emphasis on entertainment management)
- Must be accepted or enrolled as a full-time student at the previously mentioned Universities pursuing a graduate degree in an eligible field.
- Must be in good academic standing with a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Must provide evidence of financial need.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be of Hispanic descent (one parent must be fully Hispanic or both parents must be half Hispanic).
- Special consideration is given to students who can demonstrate special talent in their chosen areas related to the entertainment industry.
For More Information
For more information, please visit: http://www.hispanicarts.org/rules/